Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of Definition ‘The Owner’ is Kevin Frost or his authorised representative . ‘The Property/ies’ are Top Barn, Apple Cottage and Cider Barn. ‘Guests’ are those people and members of their party who have booked and paid for the hire of the Properties for Holiday use.
Booking a property with Lower Grimpstonleigh and paying a deposit will be taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions therein.
- All Properties are to be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure for the purposes of cleaning and are available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival.
- You must not use the property except for the purpose of holiday during the agreed hire period. If you or any members of your party fail to vacate after the holiday period the owner shall be entitled to charge you a fee proportionate to the holiday rental for the continued period of occupation. You shall not be entitled to a tenancy, or to an assured shorthold or assured tenancy, or to any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or to any other statutory security of tenure now or when the holiday period ends.
- Large parties of Guests must be in agreement with the Owner prior to booking.
- Each individual property will be occupied by a maximum of 5 guests plus one infant under 2 years.
- There is a no smoking policy in any area whether inside or outside at Lower Grimpstonleigh.
- A charge will be made for any items taken from the property without authorisation. Including – Robes will be charged at £45.00. Teddies £15.95. Mugs 9.95.Cider and Apple Juice from the honesty baskets.
- There are recycle bins inside the property for your use please empty these at the end of your stay into the appropriate bins allocated in the Car Park.
- Cars are only allowed for unloading and loading outside Cider Barn, please drive at 5mph at these times for safety.
- Wi-Fi. There is free WiFi in the barns however please note that this may be intermittent due to the location of the property and BT landline service provider.The owner will not be held responsible for any faults in providing WiFi availability.
- Swimming Pool
- The owner does not take any responsibility for use of the swimming pool and its surround.
- Notices are posted inside the swimming pool of rules and regulations and must be adhered to at all times.
- No hard balls or large inflatables are allowed at any time – for consideration of other guests.
- You must inform the owner immediately of any misuse which may affect the safety of all guests and owner.
- Rules & Regulations include – No unaccompanied swimming. An adult (16) must be present with child swimmers. No Lifeguard is present at any time. No access to the Swimming pool from the Balcony. The access code is to be used by Adults only to gain entry. LGL Guests only may use the swimming pool. A lifebelt is situated on the wall for lifesaving use only.
- Allergies – if you suffer from an allergy , the owner cannot guarantee that any property booked by you will be free from any substance which may cause an allergic reaction.
- must not be left alone at the property at any time
- must be kept on a lead whilst out of the designated dog area*.
- are not allowed in the childrens playground.
- are not allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms.
All pet waste must be collected and bagged by yourselves immediately and put into the dog waste bin provided.
Subject to the property being suitable, registered assistance dogs will accepted free of charge in barns where dogs are allowed.
A fee of £30.00 per dog is chargeable for the hire period.
Authorisation by the owner prior to hire is required to bring a dog or any other animal to the property, otherwise the booking may be cancelled on arrival.
Under no circumstances should the number of pets be exceeded.
You are responsible for removing as much pet hair as possible from the Property on the Departure date. Additional cleaning charge required to remove excess pet hairs will be charged to you.
You must be aware that even if the a property does not accept pets, it cannot be guaranteed that the Property has not had animals there in the past.
*Dogs are free to roam in the fields/woods and Orchards only whilst free from livestock.
- The owner of the property permits you and your party (but no more than the number of people stated at the time of booking) to occupy the Property for the holiday period hired, payment of which is required in advance, together with the use of furnishings, kitchen equipment crockery, glasses etc. Bed linen and towels supplied (towels are not allowed for beach or any other use outside the property).
- The Owner endeavours to ensure that the Property Description within the website and any publications is fairly accurate and described when going to Press. Occasionally the Owner will make changes to the set up of the Property after any publication.
- Booking is only accepted with the required deposit of £450.00 and completed booking form, all online bookings will be confirmed on the receipt of the booking form and deposit or full payment if within an 8 week period prior to hire. Booking will be confirmed in writing by the owner. (This may be by post or email). Full Payment is payable 8 weeks prior to the hire period. Full details of how to pay in ‘Contact Us’ section.
- A Security Deposit may be requested at the same time and in addition to the holiday hire. The Security Deposit will be held by the Owner to cover any damages/losses and or additional cleaning charges if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition. The Security Deposit will be paid by method of Credit/Debit card details held on file and should it be necessary by reason of you or any member of your party’s breach of obligations funds will be deducted by this method from the agreed £200.00 security deposit. This is at the Owners discretion and may be requested during the booking period.
- Your Obligations include
- allowing the Owner or authorised representatives to enter the Property to inspect the state of it and to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance at all reasonable times upon 24 hours of notice or in the case of an emergency at any time without notice causing as little inconvenience to you as reasonably practicable.
- Keeping the property and its furnishings, equipment and decorations in a good and clean condition and being responsible for repair or cleaning caused necessary by you during the holiday hire period.
- Not damaging walls, doors or windows of the property.
- Not causing what would be considered to cause nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring premises including the Swimming Pool.
- Not causing or permit an act that would make any insurance policy on the property void or voidable or increase the premium.
- Complying with any rules and regulations applicable to the Property when booked and ensuring that all members of you Party observe these.
- The Owner reserves the right to repossess the Property if excessive damage or breach of your obligations has been caused by you or a member of your party.
- The Hire shall include heating, electricity, bed linen (excluding cot bedding), Robes and towels. A Welcome Hamper is also included, contents of which may change dependent on availability and season. During Special Offers the Hamper may not be offered.
- In the Event of a cancellation of your holiday we would highly recommend that you take out holiday insurance. In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel the booking the Owner will endeavour to rebook the holiday period on your behalf . If successful a refund less an administration charge of £50.00 will be paid. If the Owner is unable to rebook the holiday period on your behalf no refund will be made.
- In the Event of a cancellation of your holiday due to events outside of the Owners Control You will be offered alternative dates for your holiday.
- If you have any complaints in respect of the Property you must immediately inform the Owner to ensure that sufficient time is allowed to investigate and take the necessary appropriate remedial action. No compensation will be offered of you deny the Owner the opportunity to rectify matters during the holiday period. The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any work, noise or nuisance taking place outside the property boundaries.
- The Owner shall not be liable for the Death or personal injury unless this results from an act neglect or material breach of statutory duty by the Owner.
- You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourself, members of your party and personal property. No liability will be accepted by the Owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by an act neglect or breach of statutory duty by the Owner or his authorised representatives.
- Limitation of Liability. Except in the Death or personal injury if the Owner is found liable to you on any basis, the maximum amount the owner will have to pay you in the amount of the Holiday Hire. The Owner shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at Common law or under the express terms of the contract, for claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Owner, his representatives or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with these Conditions.
- Every effort is made to ensure all items of equipment described and supplied by The Owner are in good working order, however no guarantee is given or liability accepted if breakdowns occur before or during a holiday. Whilst the Owner will endeavour to organise repairs to replacements as quickly as possible, delays inevitably do occur particularly during the main season.
- Nothing in these Conditions affects any liability for death or personal injury caused by the Owner’s negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Data Protection – The Owner will only use any personal information provided by you for the purpose of making available, managing the property and Lower Grimpstonleigh Mailshots. Your details will not be passed on to any third party unless you agree. Should you choose not to be included in the mailshots you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the mailshot.