The Location of our luxury Self Catering Barns lie a few miles north of the market town of Kingsbridge nestling in the peaceful valley of Grimpstonleigh. After driving down a quaint lane off the Kingsbridge to Totnes road you will find Lower Grimpstonleigh Luxury Self Catering Barns. Nearest Towns are Kingsbidge, Salcombe and Dartmouth. Our nearest Beaches are to be found at Salcombe, Bantham, South Milton, Hope Cove and Thurlestone to name but a few.
Lower Grimpstonleigh is the ideal location for exploring both Dartmoor National Park and the South Devon coastline, with its spectacular scenery and unspoilt sandy beaches. Surrounded by meadows and woodland, Lower Grimpstonleigh is a paradise for adults and children at any time of the year.
The Manor of Grimpstonleigh was held by Anolth prior to 1066 and past into the ownership of Auvrai of Breton along with 22 other Lordships in Devon at the taking of the Doomsday Book.Kevin and his son Robbie have over the past 15 years unearthed various artifacts in the 13 acres of Lower Grimpstonleigh including pottery from the stream next to stunning Cider Barn, dating back to medieval times and beyond, including a flint arrow head. The star find being, part of a riding stirrup identified by the local museum as 13th Century, discovered during the conversion and restoration of Cider Barn.
Directions for the Location of Lower Grimpstonleigh
- From the M5 at Exeter, take the A38 towards Plymouth.
- Turn off towards Totnes and Kingsbridge on the A381 passing though Harbertonford, Halwell and The Mounts.
- A quarter of a mile after leaving The Mounts, turn right (signposted Higher Torr and GrimpstonLeigh).
- Follow this lane to the end. Lower Grimpstonleigh will be found on the left hand side before the ford.
- SAT NAV Users please note: The last mile travelling from A38 via Lodiswell Please ignore the instructions from your SAT NAV and follow the instructions above.